HAI | Legal has completed more than 1,400 historical research investigations—our litigation experts have extensive experience in delivering insight and perspective in support of the most complex legal matters.
As experts in research and analysis, it is part of our DNA to go the extra mile to uncover the facts at issue in your legal matter.
We have expertise in investigating the most challenging research topics and can assist through the entire life cycle of a case—whether you are responding to a regulatory request or pursuing litigation or alternative dispute resolution.
Our multidisciplinary team of PhD and MA-educated historians, researchers, archivists, and subject-matter experts have successfully completed historical investigations throughout the United States and around the globe.
HAI | Legal Historical Research Investigation services include:
- PRP searches and CERCLA cost recovery
- Product liability and toxic torts research
- Corporate succession/corporate genealogy
- State of knowledge investigations
- Government contract searches
- Forensic environmental investigations
- Land use, watershed, and site histories
- Nuclear and coal industry histories
- Holocaust and looted art investigations
- Native American rights disputes
- Water rights and coastal erosion disputes
- Insurance recovery research
- Intellectual property investigations
- Legislative and regulatory history
- Manufactured gas plant (MGP) issues
- Historic tradition of gun laws
- Cost allocation analysis
- Slavery disclosure research
- Climate change research
We also maintain specialized in-house libraries pertaining to asbestos, trichloroethylene (TCE), polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB), and perchlorates. These document repositories include historical specifications, health and hygiene manuals, specialized publications, material data safety sheets, and other unique historical documents commonly utilized in complex litigation.
HAI | Legal has provided consulting and analytical services to half of the top 100 law firms as ranked by the AM Law 100 and Vault Law 100 and counts among its clients numerous Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies, federal agencies, and multiple state attorneys general.
Many of our clients are recurring customers—they value our professional knowledge of historical research methods; our broad understanding of government, corporate, and private records holdings; and our ability to deliver expedited documentation, insight, and perspective on the most difficult factual research questions.
HAI | Legal has completed more than 1,400 historical research investigations—we have extensive experience in delivering insight and perspective in support of the most complex legal matters.
Start Your Research Investigation
Prior to accepting new engagements, HAI | Legal undertakes a standard conflicts check to ensure that we are free and clear to work on your matter.
For a conflicts check we will typically need the following information:
- Your ultimate client
- Adverse parties
- Named co-defendants (if potentially adverse)
- Name of specific sites (if applicable)
- Type of legal or regulatory matter
- Case citation for the legal matter (if available)
Once we confirm that we are clear to work on the matter, HAI | Legal will schedule a project briefing to discuss scope and potential level of effort.
If your research need is urgent - please call us directly at 301.279.9697