Work at HAI | Legal
At HAI | Legal, Josh is a historian and project manager. He brings a breadth of knowledge in PRP Search operations including operations research, corporate succession, and financial viability.
Josh has provided past PRP Search and litigation support services for clients such as:
- The New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety
- The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
- California Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC)
- Tennessee Department of Environment & Conservation
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- United States Army Corps of Engineers
- United States Forest Service
- The Hawaii Army National Guard
Josh's subject matter expertise includes:
- Secondary smelting and refining operations and scrap metal recycling
- Pesticide regulations
- Railroad-owned properties
- Former mining sites
- Dry cleaner operations
- Chemicals management and hazardous waste considerations
- Consumer product labeling regulations
- FDA import regulations and facility GMP practices
Path to HAI | Legal
Before joining HAI | Legal, Josh managed contracts at an environmental consulting company providing CERCLA PRP Search, Corporate Succession, and Financial Viability Analysis services for a state's attorney general office and several federal clients. He is also knowledgeable in pesticide, hazardous substance, and chemical management laws at the federal and state levels. Josh has also supported the development of consumer and professional level cleaning and disinfecting products. Josh is also a trained Preventative Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) and has advised several leading dairy companies on FDA audit documentation, product labeling, and regulatory concerns.
Josh worked for two sessions in the Office of Maryland State Delegate Jill P. Carter, preparing legislative briefings and talking points. Josh interned with Congressman C. A. “Dutch” Ruppersberger, producing solutions for constituents’ immigration and Medicare issues. He has also served on the policy team of a successful mayoral campaign, crafting responses to interest group questionnaires. Josh holds a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. Josh’s senior thesis, “Multiple Districts, Multiple Legislators, and Multiple Problems: The Declining Use of Multi-Member Districts” was commended in the Baltimore Sun newspaper.